Teddington Studios provide the facilities for major national and international film production, filmed television, studio television recording, the filming of commercials and post production sound services.
Pinewood, Shepperton and Teddington Studios are all part of the Pinewood Studios Group.
Following the invention of the cinematograph in the late 19th Century, this riverside estate was originally owned by wealthy businessman Henry Chenny was used for experimental film productions and later silent features.
Purchased by Warner Brothers in 1934 to make cheap and cheerful ‘quota quickies’, which acted as a training ground for upcoming talent
The film studios were rebuilt in the 1940’s after being leveled in the war. A raft of new actors were discovered at Teddington around this time including Kenneth More and Richard Burton.
Due to growing demand for the new medium, the site was bought by ABC Television in 1958, with many popular shows transferring there. After a merger with Yorkshire Television in 1968, Thames Television was born and based itself at Teddington for a 25 year reign, producing some of Britain’s best-loved sitcoms
and light entertainment.
Purchased in 2005 by Pinewood Studios Group where landmark shows continue to be produced and the first HD recorded sitcom was made (The Green Green Grass).
Possibly most famously associated with the Benny Hill Show, the studios have also filmed the following shows over the years:
Birds of a Feather
Bremner, Bird and Fortune
The Des O’Conner Show
George and Mildred
The Green Green Grass
Harry Hill’s TV Burp
The IT Crowd
Man About The House
Men Behaving Badly
Morcambe and Wise
This is Your Life
The Two Ronnies