Members of DogWatch receive information from the police about relevant issues such as how to deal with stray dogs, areas to avoid at particular times of the year and also criminal activity to look out for. Having extra ‘eyes and ears’ in the vast parkland is a valuable aid to police work and helps keep the park safer for all users – reporting such issues as anti-social or nuisance behaviour, security concerns and other dangers.
The latest newsletter can be found here. Features usually include:
- Police surgery time/locations
- Accurate park opening/close times
- Safety information (areas to avoid with your dog due to deer season)
- Contact information and membership/portable card with emergency contact info
- Updates on park developments
- Info about other local & park related organisations
When you become a member as well as newsletter updates you will also receive this rather fetching badge to proudly wear whilst out and about in the park (while stocks last).
Note though that you don’t have to own a dog to join DogWatch!
To join, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Bushy Park Team
Hampton Court Gate