EventsLatest Newsplanning

Royal Wedding street celebrations

NewsLots of events are being planned to celebrate this year’s Royal Wedding and you can join in the fun by having your own street party!

If you want to hold a street party or fete in your area then you will have to first apply for permission via Richmond Council – the deadline for this has been extended until the 4th April 2011. You might want to do this sooner rather than later in case all adjoining roads are also potentially closing and affect regular and emergency vehicle traffic.

Richmond Council welcome applications for celebratory street parties because it believes they help bring communities together and in some cases will provide a rare opportunity to meet and get to know your neighbours! They have created this step-by-step guide & info sheet to help you through the application process and help plan the event itself so that you can help make it a day to remember. More information on street parties in general can be found on the street party site.

Some roads have already been granted permission – if you wish to apply then you should ensure that the majority of residents are in favor of having the event.

You can send the completed application form by email to: or by post to:
Highways and Transport
Civic Centre
44 York Street


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *