Although services such as the 281 cover these areas, a more direct route cutting out Teddington town centre, Fulwell and west Twickenham would speed up journey times between Twickenham to Kingston via Strawberry Vale for commuters, school kids and shoppers alike.
The ‘T2K’ proposed bus route extends to Tesco Extra on Modgen Lane, stopping in Twickenham Town Centre, station and stadium then off towards Kingston stopping near Richmond College, St Catherine’s, St Mary’s, Teddington School and Kingston Grammar (also possibly Kingston Hospital and University). An additional service on this bus route would also ease the overcrowding that occurs around school and commuting times.
- Tesco Modgen Lane
- Twickenham Rugby Stadium
- London Road (for Richmond Adult College)
- Twickenham Rail Station (London Road)
- Twickenham Town Centre
- St Catherine’s School (Cross Deep)
- Strawberry Vale (for St Mary’s University College)
- Landmark Centre Teddington
- Kingston Road for Teddington School
- Kingston Town Centre and shopping
An online petition has been created if you agree that this request needs to be supported and want to make your voice heard.
[Update] Hundred’s of signatures now for the online petition.