The Chestnut bloom have been in full effect for a couple of weeks now and will line the route of the parade which celebrates Bushy Park’s military heritage.
The parade Starts at 12:30pm on Chestnut Avenue at Teddington Gate leading towards the fountain and the grass area by the children’s playground.
• Traditional Fairground ‘Galloper’ Carousel plus other rides & stalls
• Living History Displays with Battle Re-enactments
• Shire Horses from Richmond Park
• Military Vehicle camp reflecting the Park’s wartime history
• Teddington School Jazz Band
• Classic cars, motorcycles and cycles (including the Teddington Squadron)
• Local Charities information stands
• RSPB activities and information unit
• Pony/horse rides
• Volunteering opportunities & activities in the Park
• Refreshment kiosks
• NPL water rocket car and lots of other science activities
Chestnut Avenue itself and access to car parks will be closed to traffic around the parade (12:15-1:30pm). After the parade the main fairground, vehicles and stalls event will take place all afternoon until 4.30pm. For more information email email@example.com
Also on offer elsewhere in the park is the first round of the National Cup at Teddington Cricket Club – support your local team with their clubhouse bar and BBQ.
[Update] some photos of this year’s event can be found here