Everyone’s in Festive Fever mode but as fast as it’s belting towards it – it will be behind us and a new year looms!
The team here, at Teddington Town, thought we’d try and inspire you with a few ideas to help carry on celebrating after the euphoria of Christmas is over. Get plotting a few life highlights to look forward to during gloomier January and February!
We could say join a gym, do Dry January, give up meat or fish, take up an evening class in Car Maintenance or Origami, blitz your wardrobe, torture yourself with resolutions destined to fail or how about ..
1. Escape! – hotels offer great rates in quieter January – book a UK or Europe weekend break – find snuggly pubs and hotels, pack big jumpers, walking boots and find fab log fire locations to recharge with the Sunday newspapers and a pub roast!
2. Book that Summer holiday! – Scouring glossy brochures and exotic websites, a bit of virtual travel gives everyone a boost plus the quieter, chilly months are a great time to start saving.
3. Burns Night – 25th January. Hoots Mon! Not Scottish? You don’t need to be to celebrate Burns Night. It’s a great excuse for a bash, eat Porridge for dinner (!) and swing round the dance floor with bagpipes blasting (orwhining!). Dashing White Sargeant or Gay Gordons anyone?!
4. Australia Day – 26th January. The Aussies know how to sink a few ‘tinnies’. Head to, one of the many, UK Aussie hangouts and be a faux Aussie for a day/night! Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda!
5. Valentine’s Day -14th February. Love it or hate it – remember, no compromising. Ditch the passenger partner who’s not bringing anything to life’s party. Stingy? Rotten choice of Christmas present? Couch potato? Bye bye! What ‘lights your fire’ whether sports or particular interests – go to dating sites focused on what you love in life – having a passion in common is a good start!
6. It’s not all about you – choose a charity you promise yourself you will support for, at least, 2019. Perhaps choose a smaller one where you, your money, time and support could make a real difference. Giving back is very rewarding for them and you too.
Good luck, get plotting and wishing you a fab 2019!