The Bushy Park Chestnut Sunday parade starts at 12:30pm on Chestnut Avenue at Teddington Gate leading to the grass area in front of the childrens’ playground where there will be:
- Traditional Fairground Carousel plus other rides and stalls
- Arena displays, showing historical military re-enactments and riding displays
- 50s – 60s Band and a Brass Band
- Historical re-enactment groups
- Classic cars, motorcycles and cycles
- St. John Ambulance and Police information and advice
- Displays about Bushy Park’s wildlife and history, Pony rides, Tree works, The Friends of Bushy and Home Parks, The Horse Rangers Association, National Physical Laboratory, etc.
- A number of local charities’ information stands and fund raising activities
- Refreshment kiosks will be stationed at the site too
The parade will feature:
- Marching Band
- Historical Re-enactors
- The Horse Rangers’ Band
- Veteran and Companion Cycles
- Classic Cars
- Motorcycles and Military Vehicles
- City of London Police Horses
- plus many more attractions.
Chestnut Avenue will be closed to through traffic from 12.15pm to 1.30pm on the day in order to allow the parade. The car parks will also be closed to entry and exit during this period.
Free car parking is available with additional parking available on the grass of Lime Avenue. However, this is a very popular event and we strongly recommend that visitors use public transport where possible. The nearest National Rail stations are Teddington (access the park via Teddington Gate) and Hampton Court Palace (access the park via Hampton Court Gate).