The parade itself will start at 12:30pm and as usual will leading to the grass area by the children’s playground. Through-traffic will be stopped from 12:15-1:30pm. The parade this year features the Horse Rangers band, Historical re-enactors, the Mayor of Richmond-Upon-Thames, Veteran and Companion Cycles, Classic Cars, Motorcycles & Military vehicles, City of London Police Horses, Traditional Jazz Band.
The hugely popular day (last years numbers estimated at 12,000) will include the following after the parade:
- Traditional fairground ‘galloper’ carousel & other rides and stalls
- Living history displays: Henry 8th, English Civil War, WW2 gunnery & others (including Ancient Greeks)
- Shire horses from Richmond Park
- Military Vehicle camp & display reflecting Bushy Park’s wartime history
- Teddington School’s Jazz Band
- Classic cars, motorcycles & unusual cycles
- St John Ambulance & Police information and advice
- Information & displays about Bushy Park’s wildlife, history, Friends of Bushy and Home Parks, The Hampton Wick Association, The Horse Rangers Association, Richmond Park’s Holly Lodge Centre etc…
- Local charities information stands and fund-raising activities
- Education & volunteering opportunities in the Park
- Refreshment kiosks
- Pony rides & information from Park Lane Stables
The main fair event closes at 4:30pm.