Park Lane Stables pony rides (with Build-A-Bear)
The parade itself will start at approximately 12:30pm from Teddington Gate, heading up towards Diana Fountain where a huge gathering of stalls and attractions will be available near the children’s playground throughout the day.
- Traditional Fairground ‘Galloper’ Carousel plus other rides and stalls
- Arena displays, showing historical military re-enactments and riding displays
- 50s – 60s Band
- Historical re-enactment groups from the Ancient Greeks and Vikings, English Civil War, WW1 though to the Gulf War
- Military Vehicle camp and stationary vehicle display reflecting Bushy Park’s wartime history
- Classic cars, motorcycles and cycles
- St. John Ambulance and Police information and advice
- Displays about Bushy Park’s wildlife and history, Pony rides, Lift up a tree, The Friends of Bushy and Home Parks, The Horse Rangers Association, Sports Clubs, NPL, etc.
- A number of local charities’ information stands and fund-raising activities
- Refreshment kiosks
The parade include Claire Lomas, the paralysed London Marathon walker, who is part way through cycling 400 miles around the UK on her special hand-bike. It will will also feature :
- Historical Re-enactors
- The Horse Rangers’ Band
- Veteran and Companion Cycles
- Classic Cars
- Motorcycles and Military Vehicles
- City of London Police Horses
Chestnut Avenue will be closed to through traffic from 12.15pm to 1.30pm on the day in order to allow the parade. The car parks will also be closed to entry and exit during this period.