Starting from posters to t-shirts and books to backpacks- these days, it is possible to put your innovative spin on almost anything and can sell those things online. But in case you follow the conventional route of purchasing and holding your inventory, then you might be left with a pile of products that won’t sell. In this situation, the print-on-demand can be a big help as this type of service offers some alternative methods to bypass the investment, time, and the risks that are associated with managing an inventory that includes creating to selling custom products just at a fraction of the cost. But by choosing a print-on-demand print partner like Printful UK, you can get the partner that would fit your eCommerce business in the best possible way.
But before you choose one, you must know what “print-on-demand” is and how it works:
Print-on-demand is the process where one works with the supplier to customize the white-label products with his/her sole designs to sell on the pre-order basis under his/her brand.
Besides, with the print-on-demand service, the supplier handles all other services like printing to shipping that comes after the sale. After setting up all the things, it just takes several clicks to fulfill the order after making a sale.
The print-on-demand services are often used for:
- Testing a new product line or a business idea for an existing business without the risks that come with purchasing the inventory.
- Monetizing the audience that you have developed. Printing-on-demand works as a wonderful option in case you are a social media influencer or YouTuber, who likes to spend time creating the contents rather than fulfilling orders.
- Print one-off items easily like books, tees, bags, shoes, phone cases, wall arts, laptop skins, clocks, mugs etc. These gifts can be sent to the clients as gifts or you can even keep these for yourself and your team.
- Creating original products for a specific niche of clients. For instance, apparel for people, who prefer gaming.
Pros of print on demand service:
- Print-on-demand service can create the products quickly after having the design.
- Here, shipping and fulfillment is the supplier’s duty. And you are only responsible for client servicing.
- As you don’t have to hold any inventory physically in this case, therefore it becomes possible to remove or add products, pivot the approach, or test the product ideas.